Monday, March 17, 2008

Day 77 - Quitting Chantix

Report for March 17, 2008

Days taking Chantix: 77
Days left: 7
Percent Complete: 92%
End Date: March 24

Smoked? no
Cigarettes Not smoked: 1400
Money Saved: $280

Cravings: No Change, still mild and infrequent.

Side Effects: the same stuff I have been complaining about for weeks. Upset stomach and lack of energy.

Comments: Well, I have decided that 11 out of 12 weeks is close enough! I took 92% of the pills. I am tired of the side effects so I am stopping. I just took my last dose this evening. Overall, I would have to say that the good out weighed the bad. I am glad that I took Chantix, I think it helped me get through this whole ordeal more easily if I had done it alone. I still remember how amazing it felt around day eight, when I basically just lost the desire to smoke. The website support has been pretty good too. Logging in each morning and reviewing my progress and reading the helpful hints has helped me get prepared for the daily challenge of staying smoke free. Thanks to all who have left comments on this blog and kept encouraging me to succeed.

I will continue to post for the next few weeks on Mondays about how I am holding up post-Chantix. Once I feel that I am out of the woods, I will probably just provide monthly updates. I encourage anyone reading this who is thinking about taking Chantix to do it. I really think it helped me and I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about the process.

Bye for now and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: